Friday, September 2, 2011

Aidilfitri

Wishing all Muslims a very blessed Aidilfitri!

I know I am a little bit too late but it's better late than never. ;) I have been contemplating on posting a Raya post on the first day itself but I've been feeling too lazy lately. (I have a few unfinished drafts in my dashboard waiting to be published so that really explains how lazy I am at this point.)

Here's my Grandpa Joe and Grandma Na'esah. They can never get cheesy in front of us children (explains the formal shot) and it amuses me every time they blush when they're coaxed to act all mushy and cheesy in front of the camera.


My nuclear family. :) I am so blessed and thankful my family is back to normalcy. We overcame the rough journey, we endured and stood by one another. One important lesson that we've learnt, no matter how imperfect we are as a family, we are nothing without each other.


A colourful spectrum of my uncles, aunts and cousins. We are not of a huge family but Joe's family is wild enough (in a good way of course) to bring one whole block down.



My cousins and I. I am the oldest in the bunch. Boooo to that. I've always wished for an older brother or a sister because being the eldest can be burdensome at times. You are always expected to be at your best behaviour, do very well in your studies and the list goes on, really! All for one reason; you lead the rest.



My wonderful aunts, uncles and cousins from my dad's side. I am a lot closer to my mum's side but we are still close in one way or another. Besides, what is life without family? :)


I can never get over these two sweethearts. They are really cute, especially when they are engrossed in their baby talk.


Honestly speaking, I was disappointed at myself for not putting in any effort in dolling myself up. When I stand beside pretty, dolled up girls, my heart just gave way. A little bit too dramatic but that is exactly how I feel every time my self esteem is on the line. Sigh.

The weekend is here and the family has planned on Raya visitings on both days already. I AM LAZY to even think of dolling up but I'd definitely put in extra effort or you'd find me ranting again. :)

I shouldn't dwell myself in sadness so here's my sister, Hannah and I, wishing you a very happy Raya! :)

Lots of love
nad