Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ah yi, wo shi malai ren


As much as I want to be different, I find myself lousy
Listening to my girlfriends' stories
Where they dinner with the boyfriend's family
Sleepover at their boyfriend's
And of course, such close bond with one important person; the boyfriend's Mum
Envy envy much

I have all these too, just like my girls
I dinner-ed with J's parents
Shopped with his family
Family celebration together
I crashed his place
What more? Almost everything a boyfriend girlfriend should have
But I only lack in one thing; communication

A year plus with my chinese boyfriend
I can converse well in Mandarin already, the boyfriend claims
I haven't got any problem with J's parents and they treat me like I'm theirs
Sadly, communication's the barrier
Thankfully enough, my Mandarin's not that bad and yes, we can talk
But, it just stops there and it kind of sucks
You know, the feeling? Yea, that.

I just wish I can speak fluently without the stutter and all
So, dinner alone with his Mum wouldn't be a problem



"Mum, my girlfriend's Malay"
says J, 1 and a half year ago