Sunday, October 4, 2009

The ring that gives the status.


Today wasn't much of a nice day. I was at my lowest point today but tell me what's new. Though this time, it was a different kind of 'lowest point'. To start with, being 19 isn't much of a fun. Seeing all your friends, well correction, not all, but a segment of them settling down with their partners and all. It just gives you goosebump. Everyone's settled down. Well, almost everyone. Myself? Being single, it makes it a lot worse.

Mum made me go to Shiq's wedding. Effing pissed. Just why she made me do that? Not as if I'd be happy to see him and in his part, happy to see me. Instead, we exchanged fake smiles. Fuck. Then again, congrats to you on your wedding. Our history, doesn't affect me a bit. Really. And wow, he's married. He's barely 22.

And just as I thought everything was over, we headed to my cousin's engagement. Oh ya, she's freaking 20. I'm happy for her. Sad for myself. I'm 19 and who the hell I'm with? No one. Kudos to me.

Freaking finally, another friend of mine who turns 23 this year, yea she too. Getting engaged this October. Wait, tell me. Is this a trend or I'm already old for all this? And I still feel I'm 9.

See, everyone's settled down. With the right one. Myself? Tell me. It's pretty perfect to be single.

p.s. J, I still love you.